If you’re a beginner business looking to change a standard Instagram account into a business account, then you’re in the right place. This should only take minutes to do, and you’ll have access to helpful statistics once you have made the changes.
Instagram have had the business account feature available for quite some time. You can change any standard account to a business profile to access various details such as in-depth statistics, and insights. You will have a professional dashboard where you can track your performance over time, and you can display all your important business information such as your contact details.
How to set up a business Instagram account
Before you can create a business Instagram account, you will need to have a standard Instagram account. Once you have a personal profile you can get started:
- From your profile head to the three lines in the right-hand corner.
- Click on your Settings.
- Choose Account.
- Then Switch to professional account.
- Click Continue.
- Select a Category that fits your business.
- Press Done.
- Click Ok to confirm.
- Press Business.
- Click Next.
- Add in your contact information and click Next. If you don’t want to add any business information, click Don’t use my contact info.
- You can also connect your Facebook business page too. This is optional but will make it easier to keep your business pages in one place.
- Return to your Instagram profile.
- To display your business information, click Edit profile.
- Choose Profile display which is found under Public business information, and confirm you’d like to display this.
Although there seems to be a lot of steps when updating your Instagram to a business account, it’s a very quick process. It takes minutes and will help your company stand out. Displaying your business information on your page means your audience don’t have to head to your website to get in touch. All the information they need is easy to reach.
When clicking on your profile people will immediately see you are a business. It looks professional to have a business account. Since they’re free, it doesn’t make sense not to upgrade your account and stand out from other independent profiles. You’ll likely find potential consumers will trust your account more as it appears as an official business page.